TheBanyanTree: Heartstone

dale.m.parish at gmail.com dale.m.parish at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 09:24:21 PST 2022

Laura rote:
> The day I spent hours trying to do something to make my father happy, to get him to do something besides humiliate me, to notice me, to praise my efforts.

Until my mother came to me and told me she was divorcing my father because of his alcoholism, I couldn't understand it, either.  It finally dawned on me that it was his problem, and not really mine.  But it took years to really internalize it and get over it.

That took guts, Laura.  Thanks for sharing, reminding us.

Hugs,
Dale
--
Dale M. Parish			For All Of Mankind'S Supposed Accomplishments,
628 Parish RD			Our Continued Existence Is Dependent Upon 20