TheBanyanTree: Who The Hell is My Secret Santa? (paul)

Jena Norton eudora45 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 27 07:45:19 PST 2021

Theta, this is something I've been mulling over since this topic came up yesterday at our day-late Christmas dinner. I asked my g-niece what Santa brought her son. She launches into the not-lying thing. She said. if he asked, she'd tell him some people believe in Santa and some don't. She'd leave it up to him to decide. When asked about the Tooth Fairy, she said when he loses a tooth, she'll hand him a dollar. He's just 15 months old, so there's time for her to change her mind. And being me, I asked her if that meant she'd NEVER lie to her child. She humphed and her parents laughed.
I also think of kids I knew or taught whose religious beliefs didn't let them celebrate holidays or birthdays. They always seemed sad they couldn't join in. And if as adults, they left this sect, they always said they loved celebrating so much!
All childhood make-believe has my vote!
Jena Norton