TheBanyanTree: I am ashamed

paul paul at remsset.com
Sun Feb 3 16:33:34 PST 2019

I remember my Dad before he went to 'Nam.  Busy doing Dad stuff, but a
nice guy.  I remember nighttime kisses on my way to bed and how
scratchy his day of stubble was.  What came back from 'Nam when I was
eight was not a nice person. Somehow it was my fault for everything.

I'm not a fan of belts.  Sure, I deserved a few whippings.  But for
stuff my sisters and little brother did?  While I'm at school?  All my
fault because I was the oldest.

That's a math problem I will never solve.

Anyway.  He's dead.  Can't hit me anymore.

At first, I felt guilty for thinking such. But that's me.

On the other hand the last time I talked to my sisters they were all
"boo hoo" about Dad.  Yes, the same sisters that emptied Mom's house
and bank account a few years later.  And vanished.  Then mailed her
car keys to me.  A MONTH later.  "It's my turn now."

About a year ago one sister asked me, on Facebook, "when did Mom
die?".  You'll never know.....  "bad word".

Ok.  I'll take care of this.

--
    http://remsset.com

    Lensmen eat Jedi for breakfast.