TheBanyanTree: I am ashamed

TLW tlwagener at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 15:02:02 PST 2019

Monique:

I was raised on shame. I think many -- perhaps most -- of us were. It's a
way to make children try harder -- shame them for their bad behavior, or
even their very human mistakes.

Once we are grown, however, and especially when we have proven over and
over again that we are doing the best we can with what we have, and are
trying, and are human, shame has no purpose. It's a remnant of a powerless
time. But you can drop it. I did.

Guilt serves purpose. It does. Shame? No. it's an extraneous, invented
emotion.

Rise above. Keep plodding. One day at a time.

We love you. You are magnificent.

Sidda