TheBanyanTree: Literary pretensions and me. one of these things not like the other (Kitty Park)

peter macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 11 19:08:22 PDT 2015

On 12/06/2015 11:50, Kitty Park wrote:
> Peter, I hope you like me for who I am, not for what i know.  I am not a
> bureaucrat, but blindfolded and hog-tied, you dance rings around me more
> often than not!

People are people.  My criterion for respecting them is that they know
more than me about something that interests me.  As I am profoundly
curious, I have only ever found one person whom I did not respect.

My criterion for dancing around them is more complex.  I go after those
who treat those they see as underlings impolitely or without careful
consideration, those who are pretentious and bores.  These three sets
overlap to a considerable degree.

You pass criterion 1, but not criterion 2.  You are quite safe.

p1

Peter Macinnis       petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Principal, Seurat School of Train Spotting,
Formation Karaoke Diving Costumes for hire.
http://oldblockwriter.blogspot.com/