TheBanyanTree: Today I saw

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:20:09 PDT 2015

Today I saw, as I came barreling down the street in my bright red
rent-a-car, two little boys waving at me, their enthusiasm melting my heart.

Today I saw an old friend I hadn't met yet, over lunch in a California
coastal town.

Today I saw my little brother, once no bigger than his boys now, lovingly
father his children as if it were the easiest thing in the world.

Today I saw the dry desert of southern California as I drove through it,
expanses of empty land that seemed to never end, and I thanked whoever's in
charge for letting me live where I live.

Today I saw reminders of who I was, once, but it's not anyone I recognize.