TheBanyanTree: Out of Character

Theta Brentnall tybrent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:56:23 PDT 2014

I don't fall into deep depressions, so I really can't understand this,
but you have taught me how real, how terrible, how devastating it is and
for that I thank you. There's a young woman I know that I'm worried
about.  Her husband's family members are the "just get over it"' types.
I've tried telling them things I've learned from you - that they can't
expect her to just snap out of it; that they need to be less judgmental;
that the best thing they can say is 'I'm here for you'; that they need
to help her find help.

They look at me like I'm speaking some alien, incomprehensible language.

"She's just being selfish.  She can deal better if she really wants to."

The only thing I can do is tell her over and over that I'm willing to
listen any time and that her family is wrong to be so dismissive.  I
only hope it's enough.

Theta