TheBanyanTree: Cool, Mister; Can You Do I t Again

A. Christopher Hammon chris at oates.org
Mon May 21 05:57:21 PDT 2012

Ah, Woofie, there is that question again ... "Can you do it again?" It
felt good just to write a fun piece yesterday. I keep intending to do
adaptations of some of the things that I have been writing around my
journey with cancer. And I occasionally think about just posting them
here as they are. But since most of my writing is done for an audience
of chaplains, counselors, and social workers engaged in the provision of
holistic spiritual care, I've been reluctant since I tend to move from
my experience as a cancer patient to my questions as an educator.

On the other hand, I need to be doing more fun writing about this stuff
... like how to steady yourself for a walk around the nurses station
with a dozen pumps hanging off a single pole or the chaplain who brought
me a Guinness in my hospital room for St. Paddy's day or the day I told
the uppity resident that my doctorate wanted to talk to his doctorate ...

I will work on this and thank you for the encouragement. Usually I just
feel guilty because I am not holding up my end of the conversation and
sharing my stories.

Cheers,
Chris/

/