TheBanyanTree: The dark art of raising a teenager

Theta tybrent at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 14:03:23 PST 2011

When our oldest hit the teen years I developed the theory of Teenage alien possession.  That's not really my darling child acting/saying/doing those horrible things. It's the alien life form that has taken over the darling child's brain. I decided my main job was to keep the body safe until the brain can reassert it's dominance, and not to takeanything said with any kind of seriousness.  I would say, "I know you don't really mean that -it's the alien talking."  Do you have any idea how crazy that makes the kid?

Hang in there. They become human again eventually.

Theta

Sent from my iPad