TheBanyanTree: Those Bleedin' Swedes!

auntiesash auntiesash at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 11:51:14 PDT 2011

LAH!

Delightfully told, as always, but I would have bet big BUCKS the Woofie +
IKEA = MADNESS.

All those people.  All those weird fake books and props.  Did I mention all
those people?

I can't believe that people who know and love you actually took you there on
a weekend!  And there are shortcuts, love.  Many places in the maze have
"shortcut to kitchen" or "shortcut to lighting".

I'm not really a junkie, but they sell some neat stuff and I do love the
meatballs.  I can't do the whole meander thing there.  Too
much fluorescent lighting - by the time I get through I have a headache and
can't remember what I planned to buy at the end.

So we go on missions to Ikea.  Figure out about what we are looking for,
follow the signs to that department, write down the stock number, follow the
signs to the nearest exit, and done.  And the meatballs freeze great, so we
always buy extras.

Same strategy that I use shopping at the mall.

Give me a bookstore, a couple antique shops, or a funky street with odd
little shops, and I can wander and browse.  But otherwise, it's more like
hunting in hostile territory.  Know your prey, spot it, take it down, pack
it out.

Or you can just go to Ikea online.  I think they'll even mail you
meatballs.....

xoxo
sash

--