TheBanyanTree: Floods

Peter Macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jan 14 19:42:22 PST 2011

On 15/01/2011 11:44, Roger Pye wrote:
> A cousin of Robin's and his wife were evacuated from a Brisbane suburb
> on Wednesday, the house is now underwater.

Roger, since we are exhibiting the wounds we got upon St Crispian's Day,
I will note in passing that I lost two years' work in the 1974 Brisbane
flood.  Beyond that, I plan to ignore your posturing.

I have just been writing the story of a scientist called Wilhelm
Blandowski who fell victim to the mealy-mouthing of sanctimonious prudes
in Melbourne in 1858, so I am not in the mood to put up with a modern
version.

If you have any more to say, please do it off-list.  I will then ignore
it, so nobody will be annoyed, but you will still get a warm fuzzy feeling.

Wishing you well in your distaste for the asinine one--we have common
ground there

peter

--

   _--|\     Peter Macinnis, science gossip and word herder
  /     \    coach, Australian formation pogo-stick team