TheBanyanTree: Floods

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 15:45:29 PST 2011

 > Brisbane has bull sharks in the streets, which people can handle,
 > and no crocs which is good (too far south), but there is a plague of
 > politicians, all trying to look as though they aren't there to take
 > advantage of the situation.  With luck, the bull sharks will get
 > them, but I fear even bull sharks have to draw the line somewhere.

Oooh!

My wife Barbara has a pen pal in Toowoomba who wrote on the
11th "All of our roads are cut and we cannot leave the city, and no
one can get in -there has been panic buying and the supermarkets
are cleaned out of food -there are no fresh fruit or vegetables,
milk or bread left in town -but we will survive  (it will be good for
my diet).  We do not know when the roads will reopen and trucks
can bring in our supplies -we do not have a goods rail system into
Toowomba (one of our governments decided it was not needed.)"

Wishing y'all some Goldilocks weather!
Cheers,
Tom