TheBanyanTree: potential

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Thu Feb 17 06:45:49 PST 2011

Quoting NancyIee at aol.com:

> If you run the Boston this year, I will certainly tune in to watch. (See
> that funny lil old lady way-y-y at the back, the one looking at the  roadside
> landscaping? That's me.)

If I qualified for Boston, you'd hear me scream from here.  That would
be my dream time in this upcoming marathon, and based on my half
marathon time in November, running a Boston qualifying time for my
<ahem> age is in the realm of possibility.  But the second 13 are a lot
harder than the first 13. If I did by some miracle make the qualifying
time, I might just try to run Boston.  It's the be all and end all of
American marathons.  I have a friend who is making a qualifying attempt
in a marathon in a couple of weeks.  He's been very seriously applying
himself to this goal and I'll think he'll make it.  For me it's, eh,
would be nice, but "finishing" is my only serious goal.