TheBanyanTree: potential

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 05:44:06 PST 2011

I could never run "miles". I was a skinny kid, and a sprinter. I did the
100 yard dash in HS,  (training by outdistancing my Dad when I did  something
to displease him). Distance eludes me. I have not the stamina, and  then, I
am distracted by butterflies or pretty flowers, and always pause to have  a
looksee.

Now, I am too ancient. My knees make it hard to run to the mailbox much
less a marathon.

But, I applaud those who can and do.  My  son is a cyclist, and,  I'm
afraid, addicted to the seratonin of long distance cycling. I believe he  just
joined something called the 5000 club, meaning he has done 5000 miles in a
year so far. (he's heading for the 10,000 club.)  He has no full time job,  no
love life. He has his bike.

If you run the Boston this year, I will certainly tune in to watch. (See
that funny lil old lady way-y-y at the back, the one looking at the  roadside
landscaping? That's me.)