TheBanyanTree: Grrrrrrrr . . .

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 20:44:13 PST 2010

In a message dated 3/12/2010 4:20:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pmon3694 at bigpond.net.au writes:

What I  am up to is the job of badgering my husband to have a word in Tom's
ear,  when he comes back, about the responsibility men have as fathers  and
husbands.

It sounds as though that poor woman is frazzled by those children. Those
kids truly have the world in their control, and she is not up to the task of
changing things.  She may have become overpowered by their behaviors, and
found it easier just to ignore it, and let them have their way rather than
the  struggle to maintain control. Tom, however good as he might be with
them, may be  tired of coming home and spending his time retraining them every
visit. The  family clearly needs respite and help in getting things in order.

That is what I think about when I am tempted to take on the responsibility
of more kids in my life. When I was a young thing, I had my own four, and
there  were times when I was tested and perhaps bested. I love the idea of
giving  abandoned and needy children a good home, but know my current limits
of  tolerance and wonder if I should leave the raising of children to those
younger  and more able to cope with the breakage and rebellion.

Thanks for your response to my note.

NancyLee