TheBanyanTree: Early Summer wonderings

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Tue Jun 8 05:10:42 PDT 2010

When I was in Germany at RAF Wildenrath in 1968-70 I drove an air force
left-hand drive Cooper S Mini during the day and our own right-hand
drive Ford Cortina when off-duty. It can be exciting and dangerous
driving a RH drive car in a LH drive country but most of us got used to
it pretty quick. However a friend of mine who after two years there had
only driven RH drive cars decided to buy a German manufactured
Mercedes-Benz. On his way into the married quarter part of the base the
first time he drove it he forgot the drive was LH, overcompensated for a
right hand bend and wrote it off around a power pole. One unhappy pixie, eh

roger!