TheBanyanTree: Early Summer wonderings

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 23:01:40 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/7/2010 10:25:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pyewood at pcug.org.au writes:

We  discovered very rapidly that
a two-seater sports car does not fit two  adults and a growing child and
so I waved goodbye to fast cars and traded  the Sprite in on a secondhand
Wolseley 1500 four-seater sedan with walnut  fascia, leather seats and
other modcons. Sheer  luxury!

Thanks for the correction on the years of MGA. The one of which I spoke has
 little rust, the motor does not run but is not seized, and seems pretty
complete. I hope it will be running when I make my trip north, so I can .
.run  it.
My first race car was a 60s Austin Mini, which I raced on ice for a number
of years. It was so agile I beat many other cars I should not have beaten,
except I was quicker in the corners. I could go it  flat out, foot on the
floor boards, the whole way, through skid and slide, while the bigger, more
powerful cars only flailed around and ended up in a snowdrift, or
up-side-down,  which ever they chose. I also had the advantage being the only woman
racing  there, in that I was lighter than all the men drivers. Little engine
did not  have to haul great body.
I later raced a Saab Sonett, which was faster, but not as agile. Then I
gave up Winter to live in the south, and there is not much ice on the lakes
and  rivers here. The MGA will not race, but be my runaround beater and
guycatcher.