TheBanyanTree: Warning - Request for Donations. Disregard or delete it as you see fit.

Pat M ms.pat.martin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 14:42:57 PDT 2009

Some of you may recall that in 2007 I wrote a story about Zhang Kang, a
Chinese boy with congenital heart disease. At the time, I was living in
China and had no one to celebrate Christmas with but I had a Christmas
wish--to help save the life of a boy whose parents were too poor to pay for
his heart surgery.

As a result of the story, my family, friends and several members of the
Banyan Tree donated enough money so that Zhang Kang and three other Chinese
children had life-saving heart operations.  Imagine that, we saved four
lives!

I've attached an email I received from Ron today. If anyone has an interest
in seeing photos and information about the children mentioned or wishes to
make a donation toward their heart surgeries, please email me. It costs
about US$2000 for each open heart surgery-- only $2000 to save a life!

I have personal experience with Agape and know the organization is
reputable. For more info check this link:

http://www.new.china-mission.com

Would you like to join me in trying to save these young lives?

...Pat

"Dear Pat:

Good to hear from you and know that your eye surgery was completely
successful.  I hope you have had a great summer.

We have a great need now and you may be able to help us.  We have five poor
children with congenital heart disease who will die if we do not complete
the surgery for them.  Do you think some of your friends in Canada would
help us by giving to help complete their surgeries.  I appreciate all the
help you have given in the past.  You have helped us save many lives and I
sincerely appreciate the help.

May I hear from you. Attached are some of the cases.  The economy in the US
has hurt our contributions for open-heart surgeries.

Thanks,

With love,
Ron"

--
Pat

Pingguo China 2009 photos can be viewed at
http://picasaweb.google.com/Ms.Pat.Martin/Pingguo#