TheBanyanTree: Paranoia

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 10:02:58 PDT 2009

Good story, Jim.  A decade ago I would not have taken much
notice of the young man in the lounge car, leaving an item
and returning shortly, except to think he trusted me.  These
days the ceremonial scarf would have tweaked my alarm buttons,
and my own inner struggle in such a situation would have been
fierce.

An interesting topic, paranoia.  Is reasonable fear paranoia?
Is fear of the inevitable any kind of sanity?  I personally
have grown to accept doom.  Given up.  In my crystal ball is
the vision of a 90% criminal corporate whore government selling
soup at one end of a trough that's a latrine on the other.

My strategy is to enjoy the personal prosperity and health I
have now, and make my own soup.  So far I haven't found a
commercial coffee house that sells a brew I like better than a
strong combo of hot chocolate and Folgers, but a Starbuck's
carmel machiatto comes close.  Count me in on a get-together
over coffee during your San Diego visit mid-November.

Tom