TheBanyanTree: Fear of Pancakes

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 06:58:11 PDT 2009

On 27 Jul 2009 at 7:19, A. Christopher Hammon wrote:

> I'm with you on the milk, Monique. Even as a kid, I only wanted it on
> cereal.

I like milk.  It's not something I drink often, if I didn't have two teenagers who guzzle the
stuff, we'd probably only buy it when I had a recipe that called for it.

Cereal I eat out of the box, dry. Cereal is an afternoon snack, not breakfast.  Breakfast
requires coffee and cold ice water.  Cookies?  Gotta have coffee there, too.

But sometimes I will crave a big, *cold* glass of milk.  Not often, as I said, but occasionally.
And when that craving hits, I've got to have it now!  It can't be whole milk, though.  Too
much cream.  I prefer 1% milk.  Just a little smoothness with the cold.  Mmmmm.  Nothing
else like it in the world, when you need it.

Generally, once I've had my tall, cold glass of milk, that's all I'll want for a long time.  I
suspect there is some nutrient in it maybe I get deficient in and require.  Or maybe it's just a
comfort thing.

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com