TheBanyanTree: I'm Cold

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 09:11:01 PDT 2009

Lucky you, the cold.

It has been in the nineties here, and similar to "windchill" in MN, here,
they have "feels like" index.  Ninety four-"feels like" 101.

With these temps, the rising Gulf water temps, and upper winds, we have
been having our usual Summer "blast"; those sudden thunderstorms that whip up,
 break trees and steal shingles, crash down in inch  of hard rain, and then
 are gone on twenty minutes.  Then the sun comes out and it's "feels like"
101.

This morning was such a one.  I had planned outdoor pleasure, weeding  out
the roses, pruning upshooting twigs from an Oak tree stump, walking dogs
back to the place where the Monarch Butterflies Chrysalis await. But, the
"blast" had me changing my plans to indoor: go to the bank, the P.O., and "do"
all the floors.

I made my town runs, and the sun is out, and the day feels like 101, and
perhaps I can pull weeds from around the roses after all. I hope the downpour
 did not damped the chrysalises.  chrysali?

Last night I helped feed and settle a couple of homeless families that a
local church takes in from time to time. These are the working homeless the
church notices now and then, and arranges housing and meals for a time,
usually  a week.  The adults work, but from some miscalculation of today's
economy,  are between apartments.  It was our turn to cook, so we made spaghetti
with  meatsauce, and a lots of side dishes and stuff for the kids.
Unbeknownest  to us, the church sent over leftover food from a banquet.  So, the
families  will have enough for the entire week.  I ate with them, there was so
much  food, and I like playing with the kids and babies, of which there was
plenty. I  came away fed, contented, and a "Gramma"

I have my little abode, and I watch my pennies,  have my little  part-time
job, and bring my own soda to movies. Yet, seeing how easily things  can
take a downturn, I am a bit unnerved.  My so-called investments are not  what I
thought they were after a lifetime of IRAs and savings. I hate counting  on
my job to pay bills; there will come a day when I don't want to work.  I
might want to see the world, and be able to afford only a bus trip around the
 city.

Do you want to run for office?  You could not do any worse than those  "in".
**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000008)