TheBanyanTree: Summer Weather to Remember

B Drummond redd_clay at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 20 10:15:45 PDT 2009

What a glorious summer we're having this year!

After starting off with some hot jolts in the early days of June,
leading up to the official start of summer, we've been blessed with a
summer that we'll remember fondly for years to come.  Early June had
back-to-back days of 90 degree daytime temps but those went "poof!"
as the summer progressed.

The last few days have been nothing short of remarkable:  very low
humidity, temps in the 50s overnight, daytime temps in the low 80s.

We've turned off the air conditioning, opened the windows and
welcomed the sunshine, cool weather and outdoor sounds into our
home.  At night the katydids sing with a such fervor you'd think
they'd joined in the celebration, and in our awe of these unheard-of-
in-July Atlanta cool summer's nights.

It's like being transplanted into late September even though the
calendar firmly declares it to be July.  The only things missing are
the cool breezes that come round in the late afternoon and the sounds
of the high school marching bands practicing outdoors, carried over
hills and valleys by said cooling breezes, that our Septembers are
famous for.

It may end up being a scorcher of a summer later in the year but
right now it's heaven.

Come what may I'm determined to enjoy and appreciate to the maximum
our unforgettable and most welcome "September in July" weather.

This July it's our pleasure to say, "Hotlanta we aint."