TheBanyanTree: re Unloneliness

TLW tlwagener at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:27:00 PDT 2009

Me, too, Julie.  I live in my head -- and it is 85% of the time a
magical place.  Then there is the other 15% when it is virtually
torture.  :-}

I have no TV.  I clicked off the radio in the car this morning -- I
turned it on when I was motoring to the dentist this a.m. -- to see if
I'd missed out on any Big News.  Nope.

Now I hear only a bird, my dog's toenails on the wood floor, a distant
airplane overhead, and the freeway far away, like an urban surf.

I had a root canal for three hours this morning.  I tell you, if
anything will convince you to stay away from society (and sugar) a
three hour root canal will.

Next Tuesday night I shall begin hosting a two-month long writing
workshop at my house.  I taught an Intensive 3 hour workshop at this
year's Screen Actors Guild Conservatory Summer Session, and most of
the 15 students stayed two hours longer.  So I offered to do an
every-other-week- session at my house.  Seven have signed on.

One movie, one gothic novel, one chick lit, one autobiographical short
film, one collection of essays, one solo show, and another novel.
This should be very interesting.

I wish all my old Banyan Tree friends were in the group, too.  We
shall sit on the reclaimed sofas, under the eucalyptus trees, with the
fairy lights strung between them.  I have enough bottles of wine to
get us to September.  There will be much self-discovery.

Of course, Life is what you make it.

If I were REALLY a hermit, I wouldn't be inviting strangers to my
house on a regular basis, huh?  I guess I'm just a semi-hermit.  And I
bike.  I do not run.  Ever.