TheBanyanTree: numb

Dave dseaman77 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 03:35:14 PDT 2009

> Dave,
> I truly believe there is a way to feel better without going off your meds. I
> don't know the way, since I'm only an accountant, and what do we know about
> these things? Accountants don't even have emotions. But I saw it with my
> ex-husband, who was on a whole lot of meds. And he was numb, and he slept a
> lot, and he was foggy, and he didn't like it at all. He could not manage his
> emotions well either (and neither do I, but I'm learning how to), and I
> often had to stop him from doing things that were unwise, to say the least.
> But he did get better, though I can't say why. Maybe it was fine tuning of
> his meds. Maybe he adjusted to being on them and because he fought so hard
> to have a life he was able to rise back up. I really don't know. But before
> he was diagnosed with cancer he was able to consider his future as a
> positive thing, and he was able to consider going back to school, and he
> worked at his own business. He started reconnecting with people, which, for
> him, was a major thing. He started writing again.
>
> I don't know how or why, but I do know that things do change, or they can
> change, and that one thing we can be sure of in life is that everything
> changes.
>
> And being nervous about school but not too nervous? That, I must say, is
> perfectly normal. The fact that you're not too nervous is a great thing, and
> the fact that you're nervous at all says your emotions are working just
> fine. I'd be nervous too, if I were going back to school. Or doing anything
> different than what I do on a normal basis. Take lots of notes. Record the
> classes if you can.
>
> It will be okay.
>
> Monique

Thanks Monique. That's a hopeful message. I see my pdoc in a month and she promises to do some
tweaking after I've started school. Right now she wants to keep me where I'm at, which is
probably safest no matter how numbed out I am. I hope this will pass and soon I'll feel my
highs and lows once again. And feel energetic both physically and spiritually.

Your message really helped...

Dave