TheBanyanTree: Re re numb

TLW tlwagener at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 13:52:05 PDT 2009

Monique is utterly correct.  As she so often is.

I have been through my own gauntlet with these meds and so much of it
is tinkering and tweaking.  But first... rest.  Enjoy the numbness, if
you can.  Wanting to feel more is a sign of GREAT health.  Recognizing
that the meds have an effect at all is very valuable.

Tweaking and tinkering with the meds is crucial.  Maybe not TODAY.
But over time.  Make sure you have a pharma-psychiatrist who really
knows the chemistry of each med, as well as the chemistry of the
brain.  Otherwise, you are just throwing pills at a wall and seeing
what sticks.

Finding the right doctor isn't nearly as easy as that, I realize.
Especially when you're not feeling complete.  If you have an advocate
who can do the research for you, a stubborn one, call on him/her now.

Things do get better.  They do.  It wouldn't go on like this if you
did everything in your power to make it go on like this.  Your own
chemistry changes, f'r instance.

And school?  Scarey stuff.  Have you laid out your school clothes yet?
 I did that till I was a junior in college.  :->

You're in our thoughts, Dave.  Keep the faith.

xoxoSidda