TheBanyanTree: Consortium Girls gone Wild!

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Aug 29 15:12:54 PDT 2008

Would your husband liked it any more if you had replied, "Oh, yes, on the
way home from the funeral?"

Mine is not dead, he is merely my X. We see each other, and are good
friends. I know he would want us to be together again. It has been a few years  since
we split, and I am still discovering life outside of marriage. I am
sometimes lonely, yet can always manage to find something to fill my time,  friends,
kids and grandkids, volunteering, calling a friend and going out to a  movie
now and then. I sometimes consider going back into that relationship, but  my
daughters always say, "Ooooo-noooo!" when I broach the subject. He's a good
guy, never abusive, except in a passive/controlling way, a good provider, gentle
and polite. Nothing wrong with him at all.  He was perfect, just ask  him.  I
just didn't like what such perfection was turning me into. I did  not like
the reclusive life I was leading.  If I am reclusive now, it is my  choice, not
his not needing anyone. Yet, he and I are good friends, and I  treasure that.
Perhaps , in time, he can get to know the real me, and if he  still likes me .
.well . . .we'll see.

My  husband once asked me if I would marry again if he died before me.   I
suppose it *was*
a little insensitive of me to say, HELL NO like  that, without even thinking
about it.  :)

I dug myself out of  that hole by explaining I could never find another man
like him - one so
easily trainable.

For some reason, he didn't like that,  either.

deal here.