TheBanyanTree: vet visit

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Fri Apr 18 04:59:04 PDT 2008

How I understand and sympathize with your dilemma.  I have had pets  all my
life and have had, in their time, had to make "the" decision.  I  always felt
that, since the pet had been my companion and confidante for many  years, it
deserved the kindness of a peaceful end.  Though I knew I would  miss the
companionship, and wanted it to go on, I realized I owed my dear friend  that final
kindness.  When my little Schnauzer, at fourteen, lost control  of bowels and
bladder, and expressed such shame at her messes, and suffered with  her
failing health, I had to gently let her go.  When my Papillon, at  seventeen, formed
more stones, I elected NOT to have him undergo the surgery. He  had had it at
eight, and his recovery was long and slow, and what would he gain  but a few
more weeks or months?  I mourned their loss, but knew I had done  what was
best for them.

It is always hard to let go of a creature well loved.  It is the only  love I
had that was selfless and unconditional, and I hated to let that  go.  But,
it was because of the purity of their love that helped me make  the right
decision.

May you have the wisdom to know when it is time, and to return your pet's
love by releasing him from more pain and diminished comfort.

NancyLee

listings at AOL Autos.