TheBanyanTree: Cheap Foreign Staples

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:40:10 PDT 2008

Stew is at the surgeon's this afternoon. Apparently the surgeon wants to
check his work, see how it looks.

Really. Well, I, for one, am not impressed. It's not as if he made a neat
incision and then closed it up properly. He made an incision, pretended to
close up with staples, and a couple of days later it popped open! And it's
still open!

So will the surgeon take a look and say, "Oooh, cool gaping wound!" Oh sure,
it's healing from the inside, but wouldn't it have been easier for it to
STAY CLOSED? I'm just saying. I'm not exactly a medical professional. I can
barely qualify as a patient on my best days.

I told Stew to tell the surgeon to stop using those cheap foreign made
staples and maybe they wouldn't be popping off people so quickly. MAYBE if
they'd just buy American and pay full price they'd get staples that stay put
for awhile.

I'm sure that was the problem. Cheap foreign staples.