TheBanyanTree: NaNoWriMo

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 07:16:47 PST 2007

I've been failing NanoWriMo for 5 years now. :)

My first year, I was really ambitious, a children's story featuring
dual protagonists who get trapped in each other's time periods, one a
modern slacker, the other a child laborewr in the coal mines of
eastern PA.

That got 1100 words, if I remember correctly.

I don't even remember 2004's plot, but I do remember it got to about
10,000 words before I got stalled and quit.

2005 was a spy story.  Yes, it was the story of a retired spy being
blackmailed into one last job.  Fizzle after about 2500 words, if
memory serves.

2006 was my best shot yet.  Based off a short story I liked that I'd
written, I poured into it and probably got to about 15000 words before
quitting.  I would like to finish it sometime.

This year, 770 words and no real desire to keep moving.  I have
written little to nothing all year, and I think my days of spinning
fiction may be over.

At least until 2008. ;)

-Rob