TheBanyanTree: NaNoWriMo

Dee Churchill deechurchill at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 10:12:16 PDT 2007

On 11/3/07, Margaret R. Kramer  wrote:

> OK, I'm a whiz kid after two days of writing.  Can I continue to be as
> optimistic and excited about this endeavor for the whole month?  That
> remains to be seen.

I'm chuckling, here, because I'm telling myself the same thing. Keeping up
with the word count is no big deal after only two days, I tell myself. Let's
see how you're doing a week from now, ol' gurl.

But this makes me curious. I wonder how many Banyanites are signed up with
NaNoWriMo this year? Sometimes we're quiet about it because we don't want
anyone to know if we fizzle out and don't make the magic 50,000 mark. But
the world doesn't end when that happens. I've been in the "hunt" for the
past two years and never got close. A combination of outside distractions
that took more of my energy and just the simple fact that I was not
successfully shutting up my Inner Editor. Not finishing the course has not
left an indelible stain on my forehead and the experience has given me clues
about what to avoid this time around.

Anybody else having fun giving it a try? Because it really IS fun, even when
you're banging your head on the keyboard.

Hugs, Dee ...