TheBanyanTree: freaky

paul paul at remsset.com
Mon May 14 23:30:38 PDT 2007

First, a pre-script.  I just got a note from Janice that Taffy died last
night, in his bed, in his sleep.  sigh.  Send Janice a hug.

The dogs have been hiding under the house most of the time this last
week.  When they come out, they appear, for lack of a better word,
skittish.  They seem mostly ok if I'm outside with them.  Dino is
guarding Fred's food pot from the other dogs.  Hey, me and the dogs,
just one happy pack.

While Fred was going, I was typing a bit and checking on Fred a bit and
whatever a bit and to not drown.

Anyway, the Mighty Fred lapped water from my hand, and I washed the dirt
off of his pretty pink nose and rubbed him all over and scritched his
ears and held him in my lap and did what I could so he knew I was there.
  I talked to him but as he was mostly "deaf as a post", well.  He was
always sticking his nose in my crotch so I rubbed my hand around there
and then rubbed Fred's nose.  That made The Nose go "thunk" a few times
and his eyes look at me.  I told Fred it's ok to go if'n ya gotta and
we'll see you when we get there.  I rubbed his belly and back legs and
his feet.  We did the shake hands thing.  With his soft tongue he licked
up a bit more water from my hand.  Then he sorta rolled over.  Like
taking a nap... I wished... I went in the house and soaked another paper
towel and typed a few words and went back to Fred.  He's just laying
there, panting from his belly.  Unaware and no response to petting, I
know he's not really there anymore.  I pet the other dogs a bit and go
soak another paper towel.  And. Then. He's gone.

I can type about it, can not talk about it.  <shrug>

Fred was not a house dog.  He drank lots of water and hiked his leg on
everything.  Including me... once.  :)  Over the years he was inside a
few times.  Never peed in the house, though.  A few nights ago I'm
reading e-mail or whatever on the computer and from the corner of my eye
I saw something white move in the hallway... came out of the bathroom
and went towards the living room.  White and Fred sized.  I'm cool with
that, I would see glimpses of Fido once in a while even four years after
she died.  But she was a house cat.

I'm ok with ghosts or whatever you call them.  It's a big world and
universe and I'm sure there is stuff my little brain can not comprehend.
  I suspect I might be crazy, but who isn't?

Now, the freaky part.

I don't use the hall bath much.  Maybe once a day.  It has a wall clock
because I had the clock and where else to put it other than the trash?
It ticks loud.  I replaced the battery about a month ago.  I went in
there last night.  No ticking.

Looked at the clock... it's stopped at 2:10.

Right on time.  How did he do that?

e~e