TheBanyanTree: Random Thoughts

Russ Doden Russ at nogard4cd.com
Thu Mar 15 14:39:37 PDT 2007

Some random thoughts on a pensive afternoon after a long
conversation with the Sacred Mystery the night before when I
perhaps should have been sleeping.

We are what we think -
	Our thoughts dictate the words we use
	Our words dictate the actions we take
	Our actions define who we are
	Who feel we are defines our thoughts.

>From Dr. Fred Alan Wolfe: We have all heard "What you see is what
you get" there is an unspoken corollary to that.  It is, "What you
expect is what you see."  This has been proven in Quantum
Mechanics too often to be ignored - it also seems to work when we
interact with people.

When you count your blessings, put your true friends at the top of
the list.  Put those you don't like right below them.  Your true friends
encourage you as you become the luminous person you truly are.
Those you don't like serve as reminders of the flaws you still have to
work on.  Both deserve to be blessed.

Always strive to be at peace with yourself.  If you get crosswise with
someone else, you can always get away from them, even if it is only
long enough to cool down.  When you are not at peace with yourself,
there is no escape.

Prayer and meditation are both good for the soul.  This may be the
only time that many people are truly honest with themselves.

Too much thinking can make a person begin to question the
difference between making a living and making a life.  I guess I
better quit thinking and get back to work.

Russ