TheBanyanTree: I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Jan 28 06:13:41 PST 2007

This morning is –2 degrees, which is very cold for this winter, but rather
average for winters past.  It looks like we had a dusting of snow sometime
overnight.  But the sky is clear now and the sun is peaking over the
horizon.  The wind has died down from yesterday.

I love these boring housebound days in January - when I got home from the
Frozen 5K, I got the dishwasher started, stripped the sheets from the bed
and Ray helped me make the bed, sorted the clothes, and got the laundry
going.  I watered the plants.  I took out the trash and picked up a week’s
worth of dog poop in the backyard.  I filled the birdfeeders and also topped
off the heated birdbath.

I ate lunch.  Then I paid bills, imported some CDs to my big ipod, and
defragged and scanned my desktop and laptop computers for deadly viruses.

I fed Axel.  Then I bundled him up in his red sweater, dressed myself in my
long black coat, black hat, black scarf, and black mittens, and took him for
his evening walk.

I made chicken dumplings for dinner.  We watched the news while we ate.

After dinner, I watched a DVD I just bought based on some coworkers’
recommendations, “Office Space.”  It must be an early Jennifer Anniston
movie.  They thought the movie was hilarious – I thought it was OK with just
a few hearty laugh parts.  I work for a tech company and live in a cubicle
world inhabited by strange creatures with severe attention deficit disorder,
so I could kind of relate to it, but it really wasn’t as funny as my
co-workers said it was.  The Dilbert comic strip is a much funnier snapshot
of the weird cubicle world, in my opinion.

I wanted to do some reading, but our warm, flannel sheet covered bed was
calling me loudly.  I trudged upstairs, turned on the space heater (because
our furnace goes off during the night), turned out the light, and slipped
into dreamland.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the
starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and
brotherhood can never become a reality.... I believe that unarmed truth and
unconditional love will have the final word.
~Martin Luther King