TheBanyanTree: Thebanyantree: Justice??!!??

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 12:44:12 PST 2007

> How Much Time Served will equal Justice??!!??

> Crow Woman

A tough one!   A co-worker once told me that her 12 yr old son had
killed a crow and that he was harrassed by crows for a very long time
after that, over a year.  For crow-murder.  Crows don't have any
concept
of "ownership" though.  I take that back..  They own and defend
territory.   Stealing is not a crime to them though unless it is theft
of crow-life.  Regarding food, they believe in the communist ideal
"from
each according to his ability, to each according to his need."  I'm
just
pondering out-loud, Crow Woman.  A life was not taken.  The happiness
and serenity of your life was taken..  Or are you giving it up?

Justice is a concept around equality and fairness, but life isn't fair,
it's a ride to be enjoyed or fretted with the hand you're dealt, your
choice..

Some questions that might help you work this out.. Is your happiness
and
serenity the goal, or "justice?"  Do you want equal suffering?  Does
your happiness require someone else's suffering?   Deterrence does have
relevance, but when does punnishment promote revenge rather than
deterrence?

May you fly in peace beyond the sunset, Crow Woman.