TheBanyanTree: The Banyan Tree: Justice????

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Sat Jan 13 14:16:23 PST 2007

Crow Woman,

If I were an Elder and someone came to me with this impossible question,
this is how I would answer:

'Time served' does not equal 'Justice', it equals revenge, the revenge
of society upon the miscreant. 'Justice' goes much deeper. There is only
one correct answer - allow the parole hearing and do nothing;

You are angry and with good reason but anger is destructive - it will
hurt you and the people you love far more than it will hurt him.

There are better ways of obtaining Justice than anger or serving time.
You already know this. Face the fact that this has happened and let it
go along with the anger and sorrow. Then you can get on with your own
life without the taint of sourness, sure in the knowledge that karma
will ultimately catch up with the miscreant - as it will!

woodcat