TheBanyanTree: House

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 19:49:14 PST 2007

I need to apologize to all my friends here at the Tree.

I thought for sure I'd mentioned this when it happened, but I can't find a
record of it.  So, with much delay, I need to announce the biggest thing
that happened to me late last year:

I bought a house.

A house.

Brick.
Mortar.
Mortgage.

After a summer of working very hard at saving money and weighing all my
options, I finally completed the process and signed the paperwork in late
October to make the second of two places I had my eye on mine.

For some of you, this is the first you've heard of this. Please excuse my
virtual silence, but I was convinced up until the very minute the title lady
extended her hand that this was all going to fall through. A few times, it
almost did.

So I was shy with my news, hoarding it like a dragon does its gold, waiting
for the right moment.

Count this as the right moment--albeit a very delayed one!

I wrote to my friends at the time that, "I am excited, scared, happy, and
ultimately, ready."

I'm still all of those things, and more.

I had two goals in my head for some time now: Make a certain base salary by
age 30 and either have my master's or a house.

Now I have both.

There's still a lot to do, even though I've been here for a little while
now. But those are mostly things that can be done in time, over the years.
And if there's one thing I have now, it's time.

As someone at work told me, I am now an adult. ;)

Wish me luck!

-Rob
http://mysite.verizon.net/trebro/