TheBanyanTree: Two guys, dumb laws and photo-evidence

Peter Macinnis petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
Wed Aug 1 17:34:50 PDT 2007

LLDeMerle wrote:

>  Driving around the town square more than 100 times in a single session
> is illegal in Oxford, Mississippi. - I think I know who’s responsible
> for this one, but I am sworn to secrecy.

While it is true that I was briefly at Ole Miss in early fall 2005, I
did NOT drive.  In fact, I was following three men using leaf-blowers to
round up all the leaves, working as a pack and driving the leaves.  It
was their fault, not mind, and I was walking.  And I kept popping off to
visit one of the shops of the Square Books variety.

Curiously, I was wearing my Square Books cap when I went for a ride on
the Staten Island ferry two weeks back, and some USians asked me if I
would oblige with the taking of a group photo, and then one of them
asked if I was FROM Miss.

I wanted to say I was from the KGB, but I had the feeling that they
might have believed me.  As it was, I am sure they believed the canard
that I was seen to drive around the square in Oxford, Mississippi.

peter

   _--|\    Peter Macinnis         petermacinnis at ozemail.com.au
  /     \   manufacturer of automated parakeet flensing systems
  \.--._* <-at Manly NSW, the birthplace of Australian surfing
       v    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~macinnis/index.htm