TheBanyanTree: Blah

Margaret R. Kramer margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com
Sun Aug 12 07:35:23 PDT 2007

The storms that Ray and I listened to on Friday actually caused quite a bit
of damage in St. Paul and not too far us either.  There we were, lying in
bed letting the storm ride over us while just a couple of miles away trees
were being uprooted and buildings were being torn apart.  Amazing.

The air was thick as hot creamy soup yesterday.  Susan, boys, and I went to
the beach.  We’re getting beached out.  We’ve been to the beach a lot this
summer, but I keep imagining the upcoming winter and then we’ll long for the
beach and hot and sunny days, so we go.  Most beaches and pools will close
by the end of August, so we don’t have much time left anyway.

We stopped at a grocery store after swimming and bought some fixings for
supper.  We were going to grill, but we could see big dark clouds rolling
in, so we “grilled” in the house, using our large electric grill.  I love
pulling together summer suppers – it’s so easy to do with fruits and veggies
and quick to cook meats.

The lightning and thunder came in along with more rain, although no wind.
Susan and the boys  stayed until it stopped raining and then left.

The evening storm cleared out the soup and it’s very comfortable this
morning.  I turned off the air conditioning and will soon open up the
windows.  What to do today?  I’ll go to work out and then I am definitely
going for a bike ride this afternoon.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net
margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment.  My garden of flowers is
also my garden of thoughts and dreams.  The thoughts grow as freely as the
flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.
~Abram L. Urban