TheBanyanTree: Frozen Peas On My Knees

Monique Colver monique.ybs at verizon.net
Sun Aug 5 20:42:13 PDT 2007

Frozen peas on my knees are chilly, in the extreme, but considering the
options, it's not so bad. Better than the suspected blood clot the
consulting nurse, and then the hospital, wanted to rule out, which they did
quite successfully, while causing me to miss the social event of, if not the
season, at least the weekend. It is quite comforting, despite the frozen
peas on my knees, to know that I won't keel over when a previously unknown
blood clot stops my heart. Frankly, I'm not at all ready to face that sort
of situation, and not just because I've neglected to make out a will or come
to terms with the inevitable.

But the leg is fine. Pain I can deal with, as long as I know it's not going
to kill me. So I limp a bit, and sometimes I scream out in pain. Those are
things I can deal with. Sudden death? Not so much.

The blood pressure, on the other hand, still isn't coming down
satisfactorily. I suspect the reason is because all blood pressure machines
need to be recalled and readjusted. The one at Fred Meyer, the one at the
doctor's office, and the one at the hospital. All of them are defective,
because that's the only possible answer. It couldn't be me. I am immensely
healthy.

The anxiety? That's doing pretty well. I mean, yeah, I'm anxious as hell, so
the anxiety is good. Is this not a good thing? This is not a good thing, but
there it is anyway. It's not as if I have anything to be anxious about, and
I don't even mind it so much. It's just a free floating sort of
inconvenience that serves to let me know it's never safe to let my guard
down because as soon as I do, someone will pounce on it and drag it back to
their cave, leaving me guardless, which may or may not result in sudden
death for either them or me.

I wonder how many people buy frozen peas for consumption, and how many
people buy frozen peas for their restorative and curative powers. Can I
google this information? Can I write to my Secretary of State and ask for
statistics on this? Can I dial 411 and ask them?

Leaving aside the issue of my fragile health, all else in the kingdom is
proceeding as planned, except that I'm behind, but I'm always behind, so
it's not exactly news. Work is proceeding at a rapid pace, so rapid I'm not
really keeping up, partly due to the workload and partly due to other
issues. My goal is to catch up by 2009, giving me almost a year and a half.
This should be sufficient time, even for me. Of course, I keep adding to the
list of things to catch up on, so this may be an impossible goal, but
without any goals at all, where would I be?