TheBanyanTree: Once There Was Grass

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 10:36:56 PDT 2006

Moe-neek opined:

> We mentioned that we had dogs. The agent asked what kind
> they were, to see if they were on the approved list of dogs allowed in the
> development. They passed, but I find that scant comfort. I'm pretty sure
> that had we delved further, we would have found our cars wanting.
> (...) I'm certain that were friends to visit us, they
> would first have to pass a test to ensure their appearance did not mar the
> attractiveness of the neighborhood.

Which is precisely why, when the hubby and I were hunting houses last year,
we wouldn't even LOOK at a house with a "HA" fee.  I thought that was
appropirate - HA fee.  Yeah, like we're gonna pay a homeowner's association
fee so they can run me out of the neighborhood when my kids are too loud, or
my dogs don't look like everyone else's dogs, or I decide to get a fence put
up so the neighbor's cats don't crap in my tomato plants.  Doubt it.

> Also, I just cannot wrap my mind around the concept of
> picking up piles of dog poo from plastic. It's really that simple.

Sheesh - you really don't get it, do you?  You're only allowed to have
*plastic* dog poop.  That way you can have just the one pile, it doesn't
stink or draw flies, and it's really easy to pick up.

But try telling *that* to the dogs.

Wolfie
wolfljsh at gmail.com