TheBanyanTree: What do you think?

PJMoney pmon3694 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 8 13:43:27 PST 2006

I have discovered something that really astonished me.  There is a great
deal of dispute concerning the day on which the Last Supper took place.  I
had no idea!

There are those who say it was a Passover meal and Jesus was crucified the
day after the Passover lambs were sacrificed.  But other people say it
wasn't a Passover meal and Jesus was crucified at the same time as the
Passover lambs were sacrificed.

Having discovered that the dispute exists I tried to figure out which is day
more likely but, needless to say, it is beyond me.  I just don't have access
to all the necessary documents nor sufficient expertise to draw reliable
conclusions about them.

But the effort of trying gave me a hunch as to what might be going on and I
would like to test it here.  What can I say?  I'm not an academic so I don't
have a handy population of students to use as a sample of convenience.  So
if anyone is willing to answer the following question I'd be most grateful -
not enough to send you money, but grateful nevertheless.

The following quotes come from a website called The Jewish Virtual Library.
It's a very interesting place and here is the link to the specific page.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/pass_prep.html

What I would like to know is whether you think these two sentences make
sense and, if not, why not.

1.  A formal search for chametz (leaven) is made the night before Passover.
2.  The morning before Passover chametz found from the search the night
before is burned.

Don't think about it too hard.  First impressions are what I want.  And
please, if you care to reply send it to me rather than to the list.  That's
the default so it will be easy.

Janice