TheBanyanTree: bonsoir lune

sash sash at remsset.com
Tue May 30 09:44:54 PDT 2006

The moon is back in my night time sky and all seems a little more right in
my universe.

For over a week, the moon was upside down.  Instead of floating through
the night sky, the moon would rise in the light of the early morning and
set in the bright of day - leaving my piece of sky before the sun had
dimmed for the day.

When the window of opportunity opened - an hour and then two when the sun
had set before the moon, still there was no moon visible for she had waned
completely - hiding her face before being borne new.

Last night was so cloudy - too cloudy for the little sliver to shine
through.  But tonight - well tonight the sky is clear and black.  There is
a beautiful sliver of moon hanging above me.  A new beginning for the
beautiful lady - no longer overpowered by the blazing sun.

I feel a little more calm, looking up at her as I prepare for rest.  I am
reminded that the harshness of day will always pass into the calm
surrender of night.  I am strengthened knowing that after fading and
shrinking - even disappearing into nothing - there will always be a
rebirth - a new beginning - a clear, beautiful sliver of hope in the
darkest abyss.

Bonsoir lune, et bienvenue...

-sash