TheBanyanTree: To all parents

Laura wolfljshus at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 15 21:19:09 PST 2006

I did basically the same thing.  I was 12, too young to be shaving, and my
Mom had told me so.  So, being the "headstrong" gal I am, I "borrowed" Mom's
razor, and soaped up my right leg with regular soap.  I put that old
fashioned single edge blade (in the so-called safety handle) on my right
shin and dragged it up toward my knee.  I peeled off a nice inch wide, 10
inch long strip of skin.  Anyone needing a skin graft would have loved it.
I was just very surprised, until it started oozing blood.  Then it hurt.
But I was too damn stubborn to tell Mom I hurt myself using her razor after
she told me not to, so I told her that I fell on the curb and scraped my leg
  It looked like it too.  I don't know if she bought it, or if she knew what
really happened, but I didn't get in trouble either way.

Hmm.  Wonder if that experience has affected my attitude toward shaving?  I
never thought about it before, but I'll bet that's why I hate it so much.

Oh, Paul?  You can have some of my son's facial hair.  He has FAR more than
he needs!

Laura
wolfljshus at insightbb.com