TheBanyanTree: To all parents

paul paul at remsset.com
Wed Mar 15 20:57:40 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Daniels
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:12 PM

(That auto-reply gets me every time)

An old-fashioned, double-edged safety razor, a nice mug and some
nice-smelling shaving soap and a brush - he'll never touch your razor
again (or you his).

It'll also be more fun to watch him shave... maybe?

A thought.

Scott

-----------------------

It's a good thought.  And, dast I say, a romantic thought for the ways
things were.

I don't get along with razor blades.  They all be thirsty for blood.
Arr!  ;)

Or maybe I'm a klutz.  When I was all of 21 pushing an ancient 23 and
feeling like I needed keep the crap scraped off my face all the time
and not just dry shave it every three or five or so days, well...
Let's just leave it at "me and Edge foaming stuff and TracII razors
don't get along".  To the point of a 3 inch horizontal slice across my
cheek.... two slices... TracII.  What can I say other than I wasn't
accustomed to shaving cream?  I can say there was enough blood to the
point of running down my neck.

So, Scabface, looking like some kind of weirdly wounded Indian
warrior, trekked across the road to K-Mart to find something safer,
something electric.  That was an $17 double head Norelco.  I still
have it:  it's retired to the boat.  Current chopper of face "fur" is
a Norelco triple header.  Nothing fancy, it was second from cheapest
at Wal-Mart 3 or 4 years ago.

I was born in October 1957.  I've given up on having a beard that
doesn't look like that old stray smelly dog at the end of the road
with the mange.  Even a decent mustache would be nice.  Don't need
either, I just want to be able. <shrug>  It's a guy thing.

paul
   http://remsset.com

   Many of the world's greatest runners come from Kenya because
   they have a unique training program there - it's called a lion.