TheBanyanTree: WalMart

MFV gourmet_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 14:07:21 PST 2006

Sadly, you sure got that right, Sharon!

  In some neighborhoods however, the people are beginning to fight back!
  Here in Denver for example, in two prime neighborhoods the local residents
  banded together and stood up, saying "Not in our back yards!", sucessfully
  forcing the not-so-friendly Giant to reconsider.

  Last year in another case up near Vail (where they really don't need more
  traffic!), even after the land was purchased WalMart was forced to abandon
  its sinister plan and back off; so there is hope afoot that we won't all end up
  in the shadow of the "Company Store". It just takes pulling together!

                                                              MartyV