TheBanyanTree: The World Tonight!

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Thu Mar 23 04:36:56 PST 2006

It tells us that they've gotten rid of all the competition and there's no other choice.  When Wal-Mart came here we lost
K-Mart, Bradleys, Hills Dept. Store and these were just the larger guys.

We just got a new Target at our Mall and everyone is flocking.  Maybe we can stop a few dollars from going to the Wal-Mart stockpile.  I hope so.

Sharon

>>> MFV <gourmet_1 at yahoo.com> 03/22/06 8:28 PM >>>

--An interesting statistic . . . and a scary one.

  Americans currently spend, on an average, thirty-five MILLION DOLLARS at WalMart every twenty-four hours -- every day -- every week -- every month (sigh!)

  I'm not quite sure what this tells us . . .

                                                                --M