TheBanyanTree: Heavy Snow Warning

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 05:50:07 PST 2006

I noticed an article in one of our papers this morning that our state’s
identity is changing because of the warming of our weather.  That is
definitely true.  We have had the wimpiest winters these past few years.
Our winter weather is warmer and more humid.  Moose from up north are dying
out because the pests that prey on them don’t die because the weather stays
too warm.  More maple trees are growing up north and pushing out the pine
trees.  White tailed deer are threatening to take over the entire state
because there is no cold, severe weather to keep their herds in check.

It got to 55 degrees yesterday, which is a heat wave this time of year for
us, until a cold front went through and smacked the temperature back down to
normal levels.  We’re in a heavy snow warning for tonight, but the snow won’
t stay long because we’ll warm right back up.  It’s hardly worth the effort
to shovel it.

The sunrise was spectacular this morning.  The sky was lit with a bright red
fire.  I was joined in my morning walk to get the newspaper by our neighbors
who were out walking their new puppy.  Axel enjoys the puppy, so they played
for a little bit before we went our separate ways.  By tomorrow, Axel and
the puppy could be rolling in the snow together.

Ray and I had a good day yesterday.  We picked up a bunch of boxes from one
of my co-workers yesterday and met her wonderful dog, Lucy.  Then Ray and I
went home and began the serious packing of our lower level, which included a
bunch of stuff in the crawl space.  I dreaded packing, because in the past,
it was such a monumental chore for me.  That’s because my ex-husband never
packed even one box; it was always left up to me.  But Ray works like a
machine.  He’s organized and focused and can move right along.  He packed up
his office while I packed up the family room.  We were done with our day’s
goal by 4:30 pm yesterday.

We also went to our possible new house’s inspection.  The inspector was a
good guy.  He even took time to show me how to work the whirlpool tub.  Most
of the things were small and easy fixes.  He didn’t find anything major with
the house.  I asked him if he ever inspected a perfect house and he smiled
and said, “No.”  However, one of the neighbors happened to come up to him
and said that the sewer on this street was condemned and it will cost each
house $10,000 - $20,000 in assessments to get it fixed.  He had to report
it, but I’ll need to verify with the City tomorrow to see if that’s true.  I
searched the internet and found nothing.  There is a list of sewer projects
and this one wasn’t on it.  I’ll check for sure tomorrow.  We wrote up our
addendum with our agent last night (yes, he was still in the office on a
Saturday night!) and sent it off.  We didn’t make it sound like a deal
breaker, but we just wanted to check it out first before completing our
offer.  It’s always something, isn’t it?

But we still love the house.  It was nice to spend some time in it and I
began plotting where to put our stuff if and when we move in.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net

http://www.bpwmn.org

Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment.
~Iara Gassen