TheBanyanTree: Nature's Cup... Once More

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 8 09:48:37 PDT 2006

Dancing Pines from side to side as the storm works its mighty strength. I've gone through life like that before. Just blowing on in and through and not worrying about what might be left standing or lost and moving onto the next town or life project. As I think about it, all I can ask myself is "What did I ever learn?"

  In those moments of storm clouds, high gusting winds, rain and hail there was at the end nothing gained other than a few more miles of hard roads crossed. Maybe a few more battle scars from flying debris, but certainly no medals or awards, just simply put, escape.

  Maybe my pines are embracing the storm as I have learned to do now. Swaying from side to side to see who stands with me, occasionally swaying backwards to get a good insight of what I will be leaning to as I sway forward then to grasp ahold of the next leg of my journey. Indeed there is truly more to a tree than just bark, stems and branches. Life is good when you can sway to natures music as my pines.

  As much as my Crows beckoned me to come join them this morning, I turned them down and watched from inside. I was just too tired to talk. Their constant wing dances in front of my door reached me to where I couldn't say no anymore. They were pleased as I stepped out back and sat for awhile. Kawing, circling and dancing in the winds we conversed for quite sometime.

  I went to see my Mother yesterday. I can take her in bits and pieces. It's refreshing to be able to say that the bits and pieces are adding up more so with each visit. After glancing through my bone china collection when I got home, it made me think of how my Mother and I are so much like my cup and saucers. She is the cup and I am the saucer. We both are completely differant and both have distinctive definations of time beneath the surface. But put us together although our patterns may not match and we fit, and better yet, we serve a purpose.

  As simple as watching a tree dance in the winds or looking at a piece of china it's sometimes overwhelming how there is meaning in everything we touch, see, smell or watch in a day. That cup and saucer gave me an idea. Tea or coffee anyone? Or how about a nice warm fill up of Nature's Cup. Won't you join me?

  Crow Woman