TheBanyanTree: And so we begin... Nature's Cup Once More

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 05:30:49 PDT 2006

Out of the morning fog, Crow kaw's to me in overhead flight. I answer back as a tom turkey chimes in with his morning gobble. My thoughts are 1500 miles away with my girls. I miss them dearly, my heart feels only half beating. It will get better, I keep telling myself, it will get easier with time. Time, I have much of these days.

  Out of the city limits finally, I find a calming peace from this farm that I ran so fast and far from. Memories, memories and more memories of my Father's spirit here, that I didn't want to accept that he was really crossed over. While gone from these grounds I realized that my entire life was made up of nothing but running away and not embracing and living. It always seemed much easier that way. But in reality, it made things much harder.

  I still haven't unpacked everything. To me, a few pieces of magic need to be embraced, celebrated and hung each day to really appreciate its power, beauty and individuality. New pieces with old get selected over my morning coffee each day. I treasure the meaning of the new as I also enjoy the new meanings of the old.

  Today was wind chimes day. Yesterday was a portrait of a Crow sent to me along with my Granddaughter's drum. The day before was a card with a turtle on the front representing the turtle clan and unpacking of my candles. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I am excited at the memories that will transpire.

  Memories are becoming a beautiful thing for me now. They are filling up my soul like a steaming cup of coffee to my body. Yes, they are welcomed now and not feared. Like my Nature's Cup is to my eyes, I have come home. Won't you join me?

  Crow Woman