TheBanyanTree: Summer?

Laura wolfljshus at insightbb.com
Sat Jul 29 09:26:44 PDT 2006

It's summer?  Really?  I hadn't noticed.  I know the kids
aren't doing school, and we did go to the beach, but
otherwise I'd never have known the weather changed.

Since the beginning of June my left arm has been wrapped
in something all the time.  Splint, splint with bandaging
and dressing, cast, splint, cast, and now another splint.
All with the admonition "Don't get it wet!"  That sort of
limits the activities I'm able to do, since I sweat like a
horse if the temperature gets above 68.

So I've been hiding in the house all summer.  No
gardening, no biking, no hiking, none of the stuff that
summer usually heralds for me.  I've heard of the terrible
heat waves that are devastating parts of the world, but I
have yet to experience any heat.

When we were at the beach, my motto was, "If it gets wet,
I'll cut it off!", so I did get out on the beach and walk,
I even wrapped the cast up in plastic and got in the
water, but I never noticed the heat.  It was really quite
mild for North Carolina in the summer.  Where ever the
heat waves were, they weren't there.

At home, I've done no better than to get in the
airconditioned car in the airconditioned garage, then dash
into the next airconditioned building.

Summer?  Can't prove it by me!  Maybe next year I'll have
a summer.

--
Wolfie
wolfljshus at insightbb.com